Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

making logical

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 7, 2003
US
I have a field on my form that the user enters Y/N a logical field. I have tried different approaches to make the field appear as Y or N when they enter it, even thought is acutally F or T. I dont want T or F to show.. I want Y or N to show. Whats the best way to mask a logical field?

skoko's solutions works. You might want to consider using a checkbox instead of a textbox for logical fields.

-BP (Barbara Peisch)

Good Idea Barbara.. I think I will go that way, cause I didn't want a Y or an N to show as a default. I find key entry people can be lazy and just leave what ever is default, I really wanted to start with blank... thanks!

Also, make sure the default value of the checkbox is .t. or .f. and not 0 or 1

Ali Koumaiha
Wireless Toyz
Farmington Hills, Michigan

There is no 'builer' for check boxes.. how do I do that.. set the default?

So, now I am back to my original question I guess. When I have 3 check boxes, and only one can be true, If I set the value to .T. any one of them, it defaults to having the check mark in that box when the form is loaded. What I want is no checks in any of the three when the form loads. Make sense? Again, its because I find if they see see a boxed checked, the just leave it as is. I suppose I could force it, but would rather have it start with no checks.

1 of 3? Sounds like you need a OptionGroup.

Regards,

Mike

I looked at that. What I did though to solve the problem was use a combo box and gave them the option choices to fill in. Sometimes it takes me a while to think a work around. Thats what I get for thinking huh? Again, thanks for the tips!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back