Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Making extension ring on different extension 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

toddx4

Technical User
Aug 9, 2007
US
I have a BCM 400 and need to set up an assistant so that she can see when her manager is on his phone, as well as answer calls for him when needed. I thought it would be as simple as adding his target line to her phone set, but that isn't doing it. Not sure if this info is needed or not, but he is accessible thru an auto attendant only, he does not have a DID.

Is there a feature code or something along those lines that I should be looking at?

Thank you.

to see the managers status you can add a internal autodial key via feature*2 and to be able to answer the managers line you need to add a answer dn key.

Jeremy J. Carter
Charm City Communications
Norstar. BCM. CS1000 Programmer

Sorry, I'm a little green here. The Internal Autodial key is no problem, I know how to do that. But how do I config an Answer DN key that doubles as an autodial? The way I am reading this, I am going to need 2 keys: 1 for monitoring, and another for actually answering the calls. Is that correct?

I just figured out the Answer DN part of it. One last question for you (I believe). The Answer DN buttton is currently not on the key that I want it be on. It's not a line, so F*81 won't work to move it. Any suggestions as to how to swap it with another key?

It is fixed. I believe that it only appears above the intercom key

Makes sense, that is where it is apprearing. Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back