Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Making DR CD bootable

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulesBirch

Technical User
Apr 20, 2002
GB
I have created a DR CD image and copied it on to a blank CD in ARCserve 2000 running on a W2K server with no Service pack installed.

But the CD does not boot.

What do I need to do to make the CD bootable?

Is there any documentation on DR that I can read?

Regards

Jules Birch

Hi mohamdr
Thanks for the info.

I have looked at the documentation. It does give information on the file that can be created on the CD. I have done this and copied the image file CDBOOT.ISO to the CD but the CD does not seem to boot. It seems that I need to run some other utility to make the CD bootable.

What I now need to know is what to do with the CD to get it to boot.

Regards

Jules

did you copy the image to the cd or did you burn the image?
So do you have a file CDBOOT.ISO on your cd?

If so, use Nero or other burning software to burn the image file!

Hello mohamdr

I have now burnt the image on to the CD. Now I have BOOTDISK and I386 folders and ARC.W2K, BOOT.IMG and WINNT.SIF files on the CD. But the CD still won't boot.

Should I reburn the image on to another CD or is there some other step that I should follow?

Regards

Jules

Did you change your boot order in your bios so your server tries to boot from cdrom before trying to boot from harddisk?

Greets,
Speridal

Hi

I have checked the Server. It was setup to boot from floppy drive and then CD. I have changed it to boot from CD first. However, it still won't boot from my CD.

Should I try to reburn the image to a new CD?

I have checked that I can still boot from the Windows 2000 CD OK so there is no fault with the CD drive.

If I can get the CD to boot is it the case that I will need a machine specific floppy and a full green back up tape to complete the disaster recovery?

Regards

Jules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back