Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Making changes to existing Fixed Asset records

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBresnan

Technical User
Jun 23, 2010
US
We recently had some assets entered with the wrong place in service date, and the incorrect class id. but neither the GL posting, nor depreciation had been run before we caught it. we first changed the class ID, and the account group id to the new values on the general tab. But when we ran the GL Posting routine, nothing changed. Am i missing a step? do we need to run depreciation or something to get that change to register?

For the date, we changed the acquisition date and the place in service date on the book. but when we ran the GL posting routine, it didn't adjust the FAADD month to the correct time. are we again missing a step?
What is the best way to do this? we've done mass change and mass transfer to move things around, but this was only 4 records, so i thought it would be easier to just put the changes in manually.

I read that you had not run any depreciation before you changed it. Did you change the accounts on the asset itself or just the class? Changes to class data does not 'roll down' to existing assets.

Did the change ever take effect?

Kind regards,

Leslie

i changed the class id on the asset itself, as well as the date. i don't recall exactly what we did to change it, i think we just posted an entry to change where the value ended up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back