Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Making bootable CD-Rom 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

zebot

Technical User
Sep 24, 2001
US
Using Adeptec V3.5 EAsy CD (toaster)Creator---can anybody tell me the exact language to type in for making a CDR ISO image type bootable cdrom? Tried following their directions but got nothing-cdr launches the Windows boot disk stuff,and stops at the A: promt. DOnt know enough DOS to fake it....any info appreciated..

Not as easy as you think. I heard that it can only be done by the big boys; a colleuge wanted to make them to use as recovery CD's and never managed it.

Perhaps technology has moved on, I know that Nero has some complex settings which can supposedly overcome copying restrictions, you could try them.

Thanks smitee--it seems to have worked. THeres big README attached to the EasyCdCreator-explaining how, in order to make bootable cd rom, u must load contents of emerg boot floppy, sysconfig and autoexec files -along with your content , to make a bootable cd. I dont get it-your system worked, just from the menu..no special additives. I guess Im conditioned to the hard solutions...Thanks, Tony

zebot

Link may not stay up..Might save webpages for future ref. I did..thanks for *

smitee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back