Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Making an Accumulative total on a sub form 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egglar

Technical User
Apr 4, 2002
GB
Hi, Ive got a sub form (datasheet), the subform is based on a query. It has various fields, one of which is amount. I want to create an Accumulative total field, which takes the record and adds it to the ones above etc.

The scenario is a bank register, so the user can see what transactions are leaving the status of the account along the way.

eg.

InvoiceID Amount Accumulative
1 £5.00 £5.00
2 £3.00 £8.00
3 £9.00 £17.00
4 £-10.00 £7.00
5 £3.00 £10.00
etc.. etc.. etc...

Is there a way of doing this?

Thanks in advance, Elliot.

Yes, look at the Running Sum property of a textbox which you can put on your forms and reports.

John

Hi, sorry for the very very late reply, but i put this on the back burner for a while as ive been doing other things.

Ive checked out the runningsum in access help and on this forum, but it seems its only used in reports, and wont work on a sub form in datasheet view? Ive had an experiment but have had no luck

I could go down the route of recordset vb code, but there must be a simpler way? An expression in a query perhaps?

Thanks, Elliot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back