Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

making additional buttons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

confusedlady

Programmer
Apr 26, 2001
US
This is related to my first thread (thread215-1099836) in a way since it's another question about maintaining my church's site ( but a totally separate issue. The problem is that it's difficult maintaining a site that I didn't design.

We now need additional pages, which means more buttons. Without contacting the designing firm every time this occurs, can I add them? Is there a way I can "copy" one that's there and just change the text? Or would they have to provide them each time?

Thanks again.

You should be able to copy and edit the existing lines, although you will need to alter the heights of the various bits around it when you overrun

Johnwm, what application can I do this with? lol-and I have no clue what that last sentence entails, but I'll worry about that when I get to it :)

You mean buttons like this?
confused.jpg

I used Photoshop, but there are similar programs that will achieve the same effect. I'm sure the gurus here will be happy to tell you the editing programs they use.

Preferably free......I really can't afford to purchase something to use once or twice.

I already purchased Macromedia Fireworks, a book on using it, and an older version of Dreamweaver last year-none of which I use, so money wasted :(

Thanks!

I use PaintShop Pro, but if you're looking for no-cost, you could use Gimp (

Thanks, I'll check that out. BTW, do any of you use Fireworks? I bought it only because the first design group told our pastor I needed to...And Dreamweaver.

Actually, I use a free app called HTML-Kit. I don't know if it's good or bad, but I like it. I tend to not use WYSIWYG programs-like to dig in the code myself if I need to, or at least know exactly what's going on!

lol-maybe that's a job-related flaw (I'm a Cobol programmer)

OOps, sorry ChrisHunt-didn't see your post until after I sent mine. Cool, though-I may get some use out of Fireworks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back