Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Making Access Application Stand alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimsterS

Programmer
Apr 24, 2001
US
Does any body know how to deploy an access2002 appication so that the users don't need a copy of access 2002.

Thanks
Jim SHepard

You need to buy the run time for Access 2002. The run time is only the the access without the programmation. I never buy or use this product but i know is existing.

The other solution is make your application in Visual Basic (front end program). The database of access 2002 in back end.

Thanks for the response. I would write the application in VB but I have a large application already running in access97 and want to convert to access2002 for the additional speed.

When you say buy the runtime do you mean buy the office2002 developer version.

Jim SHepard

Yes, The Developer version contains the access runtime engine. When you package the access application for distribution the runtime engine is incorporated. without it users will have to have access installed on their machines.
[gorgeous]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back