Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Making a web photo album without fireworks

Status
Not open for further replies.

emcinc

Programmer
Mar 24, 2001
US
Does anyone know of a script or something to make a web photo album automatically with a file full of photos? I know they have one that is compatible with fireworks but that is as far as I got, since I don't have fireworks. Of course I could do it manually with some other programs but I am looking for something a little more efficient! So does anyone know of anything, anywhere?

Thanks!
David E.
EMCinc@bigfoot.com

Fireworks and photoshop can both do it, all they do is playback a set of recorded steps to do it. I don't know of any other graphics programs that can do it. You will have to check with your graphics program, or do more online research.

It would be to your benefit to just download the demo of Fireworks and dreamweaver (30 day trial) and make the photo album to do the bulk of your images. After they expire you can edit the code to add in the single images. Try or and look for some freeware to do the same thing.

Check out They have a program called Media Center Pro 3.0 that does a great job. It was designed to use templates, but never got implemented. If you poke around with it, you can find the template files and images and alter to give it your look. Here is the page I did with it.
Click on "The Cars"

Photoshop 6 has a very nice Web Photo Album feature.

It can be found under Files/Automate/Web Photo Gallery.

It gives you a variety of formatting options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back