Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Making a form autofill?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 19, 2003
US
Does anyone know how to make a form fill in on the fly based on some query result? ex. I punch in a phone number in the top field of a form, the query occurs, and the rest of the form fills out if that person is already in the database?

[tt]

What are you going to do if "Tony" is searched and there are 3 Tony's in your database?

<%=Tony%>
€ € € € € € € € € €

[tt]
Never mind, you said Phone Number...

In that case, when the number is found, create a recordset with the sql only selecting everything where the variable field search and the database match, then simply populate a form with the recordset fields...

<%=Tony%>
€ € € € € € € € € €

That's why I did the search by phone number. If there are 3 Tonys at one phone number I think the problem is theirs, not mine. ;-)

I am having the same issue that you discuss in your question. What did you do to resolve this? Can you send me the code for this. I am fairly new to programming and need all the help I can get.
Much Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back