Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

making a follow pixel effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

crobar

Technical User
Nov 7, 2002
US
i have video i need to block a licence plate out of.
i havent used after effects much and the last time i used it was a while back.
ive done this befor, some how i masked the area to get the filter and then some how set it to follow those pixels around as the camera moved.

can any one help?

hello
i am french so "to block a licence plate out of." means to erase it and replace by something else ?

if so... then ...

if the plate is always inside the frame during the video... i would stabilize it and do the treatment you need and after re-use the motion information (of the stabilize) to re-process the natural mouvement of the camera in your video sequence.

i hope this will help you !
yann.

if i miss understood the to block a licence plate out of.
i will be curious to know what does it mean.
and continue the post.
thanks
yann

I'm interested in how to set up a pixel follow as well and how the shot should be set up to do so. Ex. Putting a bright red hat on subject in video media when shooting then somehow tracking that hat and making text follow it. This is a gay example I know but you get the idea-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back