Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Making a drop-down query criteria 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehsguy77

IS-IT--Management
Feb 12, 2004
US
Is it possible to make a drop-down of values available as query criteria? I don't want my users typing in info, because if they make a typo, they won't get any query results.

try eliminating any spaces in your table headings as sometimes access will not process them.

for example, change [Data - Job Data] to [Data-JobData]

Just a thought. Again, probably not the best solution.

So, choosing an existing [Data - Job Data].[Prim Industry] in the combo and then launching the query should display records with only the choosed industry, provided the other criterias are met.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

No the list still displays all industries, regardless of what's chosen in the open form's combo box.

The query must be opened AFTER the combo selection is made.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

It still does nothing to the list of records displayed.

I'm not sure if i'm working on the same thing as you are discussing here, but this thread is the closest i have found. I'm building a database for a client as a final project in one of my classes. The client has requested "either or drop down menus" so that if a part# is selected from the part# drop down on the form,the part description shows up in the description field and vice versa. So both fields would be drop down menus, but also controlled by a selection being made in the other field. The part# and description are linked in a table. Currently if i select the part# the description for it will come up, but then the description drop down doesn't work, and can be changed w/o changing the part#. I'm running windows XP and Access 2003. Any suggestions for how to do this would be terrific. I'm not sure if i should be using a query, a filter, or if there is an easier way to make the drop downs related in this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back