Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Making a command button to copy current data

Status
Not open for further replies.

cafedude

Vendor
Jan 19, 2009
US
Hello everyone

I understand there are several ways to accomplish what I am needing to do. However I think I am in a unique situation.

I need to copy from my form "Prospects" all the data that matches my table "Customers" By using a command button on the "prospects form".

I understand not duplicating data but a customer is not a customer until they purchase something from me. Thus they are a prospect. So, once a prospect buys a product I just want a command button to hit on the "prospects" form that copies only that record to the "customers" table.

Can this be done? Programmer I am not but understand enough to do some scripting.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks! :) A newbie!

Why don't you have a single 'client' table with a field saying if it's a Prospect or a Customer ?.

Anyway, have a look at APPEND QUERY.

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Thank you for the response.

I have tried the simple method of a field of Customer or Prospect but I ran into issues when I attempt mail merging. (Long Story). But I tried the append query and the only thing I can't figure out is how to make it only copy over the current records data off the form to the customers table. It wants to copy ALL of the prospects over.

Is this possible or should I just give up and use the "prospect" or "customer" field?

Thank YOU! :)

How and where in your code did you try the append query ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back