Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Making a Command Button to be an icon image

Status
Not open for further replies.

lookE

IS-IT--Management
Sep 28, 2002
US
Hi guys!

Does anyone know if it's possible to make a command button in MS Access 97 to have the appearance of an image icon with the associated button functions and events?
I prefer to have other rounded image icons as command buttons instead of the default rectangular-shaped-with-text ones.

Thank you.

Sure thing...

Turn on the wizard.

Select an "image" control from the tool box. Drag the control onto your form and size it. Select the icon or image you want to use.

If you're not sure about the code to use, drag a command button control onto the form and tell the wizard what you want to accomplish with that button.

Copy the code from the button's On Click event to the image's On Click event (changing the control name throughout).

Delete the code for the button. Delete the button.

When you click on the image, you should get the same result as if it were a command button.

I hope this is helpful. Gus Brunston [glasses] An old PICKer, using Access2000.

Gusbrunston,

Thank you for the advice. I was also wondering is there anyway for me to make the rounded-looking icons found on web pages look round when I copy and save them later for use on my forms? I keep getting round buttons that have a rectangular outline when pasted onto my form. Do I maybe need some web designing software to customize the filler background of these round buttons to match the color of my form?

Do you know what I mean?

Yes, I know what you mean. If you have an office suite like MS Office 2000, etc. you may have web software. In any case, in FrontPage when you highlight an image, there is a tool to click on the color that you want to make transparent. Transparency does not always give you the effect you think you're going to get, however. I find nothing in Access 2000 that has this same or a similar tool. That doesn't mean it's not there, just that I haven't found it.

Cheers. Gus Brunston [glasses] An old PICKer, using Access2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back