Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Making 2 pages long then the rest? (tear off)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACT10Npack

Instructor
Feb 19, 2008
US
I'm doing a 4 page book and is going to go through the mail. I want to make 2 pages longer then the rest for the tear off. Is there a way to add 6 inches to 2 of the pages? The document is facing pages and want it to stay facing pages or I will need to do it in non facing pages? I'm using Indesign CS3.

The best way to do this is to use Acrobat professional.

Create two different documents (one that's longer an done withe the normal page sizes.

Create two different pdf's and in Acrobat insert the two documents together.

carlow

It need to be in IND when submitting to the printer.

My boss wants them to be in indesign files.

...this link (not free):

...or make the pages your biggest width required, and inform the printer to trim the page required to be shorter, i assume this would be the front cover and inside front cover as the shortest...

Andrew

Cool thanks for the link. Could I just do a document without doing facing pages and mark the margins where the tear off is going to be. Then tell the printer to make the fold at one spot and the tear at the other spot?

layoutxu8.png

...probably better to work in non-facing pages for something like this, do as a complete spread, so two single pages the full width...

...just make a spot color guide (so it doesn't print), name it 'trim guide only', set to overprint...

...position perf guide and score/fold guide the same way, unless you have the perf as a printing item already...

...just ensure they overprint, whatever marks you do, can be useful to have marks in the bleed margin (1mm) set to registration...

...on your print order, make it clear as to the dimensions involved, and send a mock up...

...as i work in a print environment, this we have come across before, and always been set up as a 'complete spread', two single pages...

Andrew

...your example is technically a 6 page document...

...so i would ignore my initial post as i interpreted your question wrong...

...make two single pages, full width...

...that way you don't need to worry about that extra trim guide...

Andrew

...correction...

...ignore this line in my post above, as not needed:

<<< ...just make a spot color guide (so it doesn't print), name it 'trim guide only', set to overprint... >>>

Andrew

I will show you a snapshot of what my document looks like.

It's a non facing pages and it's on two pages

picture2fi6.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back