Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Makemap ? Sendmail 8.12.8 on Linux (2.4.10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nlhe

Technical User
Mar 28, 2003
NL
Hi,

I am trying to install Sendmail 8.12.8 on SuSe Linux 7.3 (Kernel: 2.4.10-4GB i586).
Everything seems to be working except for the 'makemap' utility. Everytime i get the message:
# makemap -u hash access < access
makemap: Need to recompile with -DNEWDB for hash support

I have compiled and installed the latest 'Sleepycat' library stuff (db-4.1.25.NC).

How do i specify the '-DNEWDB' during compilation ?
Do i need to supply a library during link or runtime ?

Every help is appreciated.
--
Henk

You need to ensure that you have either 'libdb.a' or 'libdb.so', (look in sendmail/README for more info) which is what sendmail is looking for when it compiles. Additionally, 'db.h' needs to be available and within the include portion of the Build script.

Here is what I do to compile sendmail on a Linux box...

I have /usr/lib/libdb.so.3, so I create a sym-link to libdb.so (ln -s /usr/lib/libdb.so.3 /usr/lib/libdb.so). Then within devtools/bin/Build I add &quot;-I/usr/include/db1/&quot; to the incdirs= declaration within the script. That is assuming that db.h is located in the /usr/include/db1 directory - locate where db.h is installed on your system and use that directory within the incdirs= statement in devtools/bin/Build

Hope this helps,
Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back