Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Make option 1 in Auto Attendant route to my cell phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

cknipe

MIS
Jul 28, 2005
US
Im having a brain fart on one of my 9.0 cx's while im trying to setup a new AA using the embedded messaging system. I am basically trying to setup the attendant to xfer the call to my cell when I choose option 1.

I setup 1 as a speedcall that routes to my telephone. I also changed supervised xfer option and turned it off (and when that didnt work turned it back on with 90 seconds)

I had a mailbox that matched the ext of the speed call so you would hear the name announced as the call is being xferred. The problem is, the system waits for the reroute timer to expire and then just sends the call to voicemail.

After that didnt work, i deleted the speedcall and setup 1 as a line on someones phone

Can anyone tell me the proper way to setup something like this that can xfer to an external device from the AA menu?

Do you have the speed call set to over-ride toll control? I would suspect COR restrictions in the voicemail ports are stopping you.

If you did not take enough time to get it right the first time...

What makes you think that you have time to fix it?

I tried that setting as well. im not onsite but tomorrow i will try the speedcall from a set to see if it dials out fine.

Should the speedcall scenario work ok for what im trying to do?

Mailbox 1 will have ext xxxx. xxxx matches short dial of speedcall.

Make sure VM has ability to call and transfer externally.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Make sure your vm COS has "individual trunk access" enabled and if dialing out thru a PRI , make sure the COS of the VM has the correct settings to dial out. DPNSS, etc....

I found the issue. it wasnt any of those. So, the number that was originally tied to my speedcall was a 1877 number. I changed the number that was associated to the speed call and changed it to my local cell phone numer and it worked. I called mitel and we played with the ISDN Protocol settings. After enabling the "Replace External CLID" value to true, the forwarding worked fine.

I never would have thought of that but it makes sense. If your service provider does not allow non-hosted numbers to be sent then you must send what they consider to be a vilid number for Caller ID.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back