Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Make NT Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjardon

Programmer
Sep 3, 1999
ES
How i can program a NT Service using VB 6.<br><br>Thanks.

cjardon-<br><br>I came across an OCX called ServiceMaster.&nbsp;&nbsp;The company who wrote it is called &quot;Quasit&quot; (don't have a URL, sorry).<br><br>I looked at it, and decided I'd be better off writing my own NT Service in Visual C.&nbsp;&nbsp;There is a book from Wrox Press called &quot;Professional NT Services&quot; that covers the subject really well.&nbsp;&nbsp;Maybe the OCX will do what you need, however.<br><br>Chip H.<br><br><br>

There's a way to do this in VB - I'm sure I remember a reference to it somewhere.<br><br>..... <p>Mike Lacey<br><a href=mailto:Mike_Lacey@Cargill.Com>Mike_Lacey@Cargill.Com</a><br><a href= Cargill's Corporate Web Site</a><br>

There is a way to do it in vb6 it uses something called ntsvr.ocx I have a copy of this and an example project demonstrating its use. <br><br>Mail me at <br><A HREF="mailto:Vincent.Dooher@Unipro.demon.co.uk">Vincent.Dooher@Unipro.demon.co.uk</A> <br>and I'll send it to you <br><br><br>Regards <br><br>Vince

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back