Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Make MDE not an option

Status
Not open for further replies.

MorningSun

Technical User
Sep 18, 2003
US
I'm trying to save my front end database as an MDE but the option is greyed out... I've made sure the db is compiled properly and I also did a compact and repair. The option is still not available. I'm using Access 2000. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Dawn Coleman, Business Analyst
UnumProvident Corporation

PLEASE RECYCLE AND ENCOURAGE YOUR OFFICE/COWORKERS TO DO SO AS WELL.

Hi, cant answer your Q but as they are Access specific would suggest posting in one of the Access forums, they are more active - theres a few but most 'supporters' look at them all.
Use the Find A Forum and search for Access, maybe Access: Other topics.

Are you sure that the database is in the same version as access installed on your PC. If you database is an Access 2000 and you have 2002 installed the convert current database to current access version and then it should work. Make sure you have full access rights to the database.

Thanks. I finally figured that out. But maybe you can answer this, I was on an NT workstation with Access 97. When I was upgraded to an XP workstation with Access 2002 and started converting my databases, they would convert to Access 2000 first. Why wouldn't they convert to 2002? In essence I have to convert from 97 to 2000 and then 2000 to 2002... seems odd. Also, the default setting in my options is Access 2000 (I didn't set it that way). Why would Access 2002 have a default setting for 2000?

If you have the answers, great. If not, thanks so much for for your help with my initial inquiry!

Dawn Coleman, Business Analyst
UnumProvident Corporation

PLEASE RECYCLE AND ENCOURAGE YOUR OFFICE/COWORKERS TO DO SO AS WELL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back