Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Make last member of huntgroup go to Unity

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevedb55

Technical User
Aug 17, 2005
GB
Hi,

CCM 4.0(2)

Can anyone advise how I make the last member of a top down hunt list go to a Unity subscriber (accessible by several people) I added a "virtual phone" to my CCM with extension 1234, set the DN to Call forward All to VM, but when the Hunt list hits this number the line justs rings. If I dial the number 1234 directly then it goes to Unity without problems.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks
Steve

Put your Unity Pilot # as the last member of the Hunt Group. THen when all other Hunt Group Members are busy, it goes to Unity. Mark it as the Always Route Member.

Hi all,
I'm using CCM 4.1 and I'm having a similar issue but I have my hunt group broadcasting to a number of phones and need it to go to a specific Unity account when there is no answer or is busy.

I tried configuring the hunt pilot to point to a number that has voicemail forwarding to all but that doesn't seem to work. How can I get it to go to that mailbox? I looked into the Unity Pilot suggestion above but won't that take it to the overall Unity menu? I need it so a customer dialing would get sent to this mailbox specifically for that location.

Thanks for any advice.

I was able to enter the Unity VMPort and it went to into Unity but I think I can clarify my problem a little further.

I have many sites, upwards of 90 with each site using 5 phones and five lines. Each site hunts all 5 phones but the site itself only needs 1 voicemailbox. Each site must have a unique voicemailbox for customers to leave messages on.

How can I achieve this?

Create a Unity mailbox with the Hunt Pilot number as the extension. If you have 90 Hunt Pilots, you'll need 90 mailboxes. When the call goes to Unity, it presents the original dialed number so Unity looks for a Mailbox with that number.

Guys,
Like some of the posts have said direct the last member of the hunt group to the the voicemail pilot, alterntativly there is an option on the Callmanager Hunt Pilot configuration page under the Hunt Forward Setting Heading to send it to a destination on No answer or Busy (I find this works best). Again send it to the VM Pilot number.
What Callmanager does is it send the original number called (i.e The Hunt Pilot number)in the information to the VM. This means even if you set up forwarding etc it will always look for the original called numbers VM box.
To get round this use the Unity Alternate numbers configuration to tell unity to send calls from the Hunt group Pilot number to an alternative number.
Hope this sorts it out

Thanks
Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back