Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Make IP Office look like Key System

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSmitherman

Programmer
Oct 24, 2003
US
Has anyone found a successful way to make the IP Office look like a key system? Thanks!!

Basically the IPO is not a KTS and so cannot be programmed to look like one. EG line apperance Keys for trunks They should have a brought a KTS if they wanted the features of one ?

ipo.gif

I've heard directly from an Avaya project manager that IPO is supposed to support Key System features in release 3.0 which he said is roadmapped for November of this year. One of the features he specifically mentioned is the ability to see/access trunks by line appearance. I haven't seen anything in writing, so I suppose this is just rumor right now.

They mentioned that also in the recent Avaya May launch webcast/conference call, so it is probably true.

Maybe a feature of SIP? I'm not sure what exactly what a key system means (my background is IP, not telephone systems). I know SIP support will be in release 3.0, so maybe SIP operates more like a key system?

I've had customers ask for this as well. What they really wanted was to be able to put a call on hold, see it flashing and be able to pick it up from any other set. We just put 3 or 4 Call Park buttons on each set and numbered them the same on each phone. (ie. Call Park 1 on button 6, Call Park 2 on button 7 etc.) It's not a square system but it helps.

This is a solution I offten give, after all does a customers "line" button realy have to relate to a physical line?

I have used the same solution.

The only time I've wished I really could have real line appearances is for a small cust with 3 lines, no AA, using call answer service (voicemail from the CO). They need to go off-hook on line 1 to listen for stutter-dialtone to see if they have messages. Ended up kludging the LCR into working for me to allow me to seperate 2 trunk groups, and give them a shortcode to directly access 1 of the groups (which of course had only line 1 in it).

What a pain.

Peter

Line apperance is scheduled to be included in release 3.0 - sometime after november

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back