Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Make interactive Word docs like Acrobat Fill-In forms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikemck7

Technical User
Dec 17, 2003
Hello,

I've been told that it is possible to create interactive Word documents that function similar to PDF fill-in forms, with text boxes, option buttons (radio buttons), check boxes and so on. Would I have to use objects from the control toolbox together with VBA to accomplish this?

I've been trying to find an example of a Word document being used in this manner or a tutorial showing how this is done but have had no luck. My goal is to create a survey questionnaire in Word, that can be emailed to, completed and returned by individuals. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Mike

Dreamboat on Word has instructions on how to do this. I don't have it with me, so can't reference the chapter/pages.

Software: XL2002 on Win2K
Humanware: Older than dirt

In word you'll have to have the 'Forms' toolbar open. The way to create an interactive form is pretty easy so just play about with these controls and you'll be ok.

Remember tho you'll have to lock the document once its set up so that the drop down/checkboxes/etc will function.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back