Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Make excell "jump" to right cells

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredrik85

Technical User
Jan 11, 2007
SE
Hello!

I have a question about excell.

Does anyone here know if there is possible to pre-define wich cells excell shall jump to??

For example, if i want to make a invoice template, can I make excell to only jump between the cells for "customer number, customer name, orderd artikels" instead of jumping thru all cell in the spreadsheet?

//Fredrik

You could protect the sheet, after formatting your input cells to be unlocked ( Format/Cells/Protection, and untick the Locked checkbox ). Cell navigation would be via Tab key.

Cheers, Glenn.

Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder.

GlennUK has it right. On that sheet, it would go to the first unlocked cell and the user would need to use the Tab key to get to the next unlocked cell.

Regards
Peter Buitenhek
ProfitDeveloper.com

Okay, thanks allot!

I have another question. Can I make excell generate a unique number for each invoice?

If I also could make excell generate a unique filename for saving the invoces on the computer, i should be even better!

Is any of those things possible?

I don't exactly understand really how to do this (the last thing, about unique numbers).

Can you post an example?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back