Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Make Call Pilot Answer Time Shorter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 3, 2005
US
Does anyone know how to get Call Pilot to answer immediately?

I have a customer (Opt11c/25.40b/CP1.07) that does a lot of direct to voice mail transfers and Call Pilot waits for a full ring before answering - while it may not seem like a lot, 3-5 seconds really adds up if you're juggling a lot of calls.

Any takers?

Thanks,

Alex

no when your pushing a lot of calls, any delay times thousands of calls can make a difference. can you do a blind transfer? the book refers to it as a non-supervised transfer.. if i where in the switchroom i could answer that for you

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Maybe there is another way to do this, but the customer insists that calls get transferred, no answer recalled back _to the attendant_ and the attendant then asks the caller if they want to leave a message.

If the caller says "yes" then the attendant transfers the caller to call pilot, enters the mailbox number and releases.

It's the answer time on the call pilot that kills her. She has to wait for answer to tell call pilot what the extension is.

Is there another way? I suppose I could make a bunch of phantom extensions that were, say, 1000 off the extension block forwarded to CP - then program each mailbox to take calls for either extension - but it seems like a lot of work. Is there some other fast way?

AK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back