Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Make A4 into a A5

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnniec

Technical User
Oct 2, 2008
GB
I have created 20 pages of A4 text and Images/graphics and saved/converted them all to PDF. What I would like to now do is to make a booklet in A5 I know how to make the booklet but how can I place the A4 pages PDF or IDD originals into the A5 booklet using the A4 PDF files without having to do everything in A5 from scratch. I don't need to edit any text but when I place it onto the A5 page and fit content to frame the text looks all fuzzy. So basically how can I get a A4 PDF into an A5 size, If I can edit the text then great but it is not essential.

Where does the text look fuzzy? On screen, in print, or both? My guess is that you are just viewing the low res preview on screen and it exports and prints fine.

Thank you for your reply it looks fuzzy on screen. I will save and print to see if that is ok I think you may be right on the low res view. I have tried the settings in view screen mode and display but I cannot get the distorted text to view as for want of a better word 'unfuzzy" I am compiling an A5 booklet from 20 A4 sheets, I know I can edit back in the A4 worksheets but can editing be performed when set to A5 if it can be done what do I have to do. Thank you once again for your time. Johnnie

There's not much effort required to determine if the problem is just a low res preview.

Right-click on the placed page. From the popup menu, choose "Display performance". Then choose "High Quality Display".

Thank you once again. Unfortunately after performing what you suggest when exported to PDF for printing the A5 does not print very clear although the A4 is perfect. On the A5 the text is not very sharp and also it is very bold although the text is Times new roman regular. I have to apologise that beyond basic compiling in A4 or A5 I am not that skilled.What I need is an A5 replica of an A4 sheet that I can compile as a A5 booklet. I hope I am explaining myself clearly.
Ok this is what I did I made 20 A4 separate worksheets in IDD Then I decided that I wanted to make these sheets into a A5 booklet guide. Making an A5 booklet is not a problem when doing it from scratch however I want to use my existing worksheets so I exported them all singulary to Adobe PDF/ High quality print because at that time I had not decided to produce the A5 booklet I then have tried to place/fitting/content to frame a few of the sheets into my A5 booklet template but the quality is nowhere near the original A4 sheets.Thank you for your continued support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back