Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Make a web page refresh on load? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

chutcheson

IS-IT--Management
Dec 17, 2002
US
I know how to make the web page refresh on time using -> <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="600">. But, how do you make the web page refresh only ONCE when the page first loads?

Im having a problem, when I update my index.html page, my users don't see the changes until they refresh. IE on the client side is set to automatically check for new versions of pages, are there any IIS changes that I need in place to make sure everyone sees the latest changes I have made? I have the content to expire immediatly in IIS also.

Thanks
-Casey

Thanks Jeff, I added the code:

-<HTML><HEAD>
-<META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache">
-<META HTTP-EQUIV="Expires" CONTENT="-1">
-</HEAD><BODY>
-</BODY>
-</HTML>

to the beginning of the webpage and it does work, but I still have to have all the users refresh one last time just to make the code available to the client side. It's an html page. Im thinking of making the page an .asp page.

Thanks
-Casey

Update:

I just changed it to an .asp page and added the .asp code to refresh to the top of the page.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back