Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Make a Document MSTR with 2 or More Reports? XSL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cabs

Programmer
Sep 6, 2001
CL
I Need create a Document whith 2 or More Reports?

I try to use a XSL Document to do it, but my problem is a amount of Prompts of a Reports. In my test the document only ask to me 2 Prompts of 3, that is for a First Report.

Do you know can I do this?
There are some bound of Prompts for Documents XSL?
What is the best way to do this?

Thanks...

I think that the problem is:

For example in the report 'A' you call with prompts the attribute Year and Month, the report 'B' calls with prompts the attribute Year for consequence you only have two prompts Year and Month.

If you want three prompts you need to create another attribute for example Year1.

...or you need to create a unique prompt for year. MicroStrategy wants to be efficient so it will not ask you to answer the same attribute prompt twice.

The 3 Prompts are diferent and MSTR only ask to me 2 of them, in the third Prompt i can't choose, MSTR don't show anything.

Thanks...

Chael,

Are you saying that if I use the same prompt in two reports contained in a document, I will only be prompted one time for the two reports?

thanks,

hoohay

I have a requirement to create a report which will require only a single prompt. However, I can't see how to accomplish it. The prompt is an attribute element list prompt. For example, choose the state you want from the list:

AVAILABLE STATES SELECTED STATES
Alabama
Alaska -->
Arizona
Arkansas

The twist is there is a requirement to have an Inclusion/Exclusion (OR/NOT) radio button along with the attribute element list. The business reason is that the user may want to report on every thing but a specific element, and some elements may exceed 1000 unique items. I should mention the Inclusion/Exclusion operator is to be applied to every attribute element prompt I create, not just State. I'm using State as a simple example.

I was able to get this to work using an Object prompt where I prompt for two filters -- one is an InList of States and the other is a NotInList of States. However, the user gets two prompts (one for the filter and one for the list of states), and I was told that was unacceptable.

Basically, I need an Attribute Element prompt that resembles the Metric Qualification prompt because it has the operator.

Has anyone ever accomplished this?

Thanks in advance,
--Steve

Hoohay, what chael says is correct, if you have the same prompt object in 2 or more of the component reports within your document, then you only get prompted once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back