Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Make a continuous form able to enter new record?

Status
Not open for further replies.

catty1160

Technical User
Mar 10, 2003
US
Hi,

I have a subform (a continuous form) inside a main form. I might have incidently hit some key or did something unintentionally making the asterisk in the last row for adding the new record disappear. (Normally, in a continuous form, you see an asterisk showing in the left side of the last row for you to enter new record, now I do not see that asterisk and the row of it). How do I make that asterisk and the row of it come back and I can enter new record to that subform? Thanks Ahead.

Catty

Is your form based on a query or a table?

Also check the forms properties, Under the DATA tab make sure the Allow Additions property is set to Yes

Craig

Craig:

Yes, the Allow addition property under DATA tab are both set to YES (Main form and Subform). The subform DATA Control source is written as "SELECT PtMeds.RxID2, PtMeds.PtNo, PI.PTID, PtMeds.Inactive, PtMeds.DateStarted, PtMeds.DateCancelled FROM PI INNER JOIN PtMeds ON PI.PtNo=PtMeds.PtNo; " PtMeds and PTID are two tables. ( The Main form DATA Control source is written as SELECT RxList.RxID; RxList is a table).

How do I go from here?

Ok I have a feeling its a primary key issue...

I got it to work using your SQL when I specified PTID in your PI Table as primary key, I think it may be because the resultant recordset did not have a unique identifier?

Give it a try let me know how you get on.

Craig

Hi, Craig;

You are right. It is primary key issue. After I add the primary key. It is all set. Thank you for help.

Catty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back