Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAJOR PROBLEMS WITH MY ATI SAPPHIRE 9500 PRO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Househead

Technical User
Apr 12, 2003
GB

Hi Everyone,

Please can anyone help me with the major problem I have with my recently purchased ATI Sapphire radeon 9500 pro card. These are a few of the probs I have exp:-

1. System not beeping when I turn it on?
2. If it does come on, I get scrambled/messy grahics but I can not hear my h/drive loading windows?.
3. It will turn my monitor on standby, then on again and then off again?
4. All sorts of different post codes from the motherboard?

Quick system spec:-

Epox 8RDA+ nforce 2 motherboard
AMD 2600+ "Thoroughbred" processor
512 DDR 333 PC 2700 memory
Brand new 400w PSU
Brand new monitor

When I put my old ATI radeon 64 mbit card in it works great. Boots first time and is very stable?. I am connecting the card through the h/drive as instructed to do as it needs power to run it. I have installed latest ATI graphics driver, Direct x9, and Motherboard drivers. Would a driver prob cause the above?

Any help would be great in trying to resolve this headache. In the meantime I have sent the card back to the place I bought it from for another one.

Paul

I'm far from expert but I would expect that the replacement card will solve the problem. I had the same problem that you listed as number 3. I put in an identical card from another computer and it worked fine.

what kind of error codes are you getting on the 8rda+ on the diagnostic LED?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back