Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Major Issue with XP Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Has anyone ever had this problem with XP Pro: I installed the thing and it works great. I haven't had a single problem that I can think of that windows may have caused. I have an sm56 modem that won't work, but I blame motorolla for that one. My Radeon 7500 seems to work fine in all but Unreal and DOD 2. Both games it sits there precaching for way too long and I give up, but it's probably just a driver update I need to get it working.

Definately triple check that you've got the latest Radeon drivers from ATI's website.

I downloaded and installed the current drivers. Same issue. Should I convert to ntfs or install 98se as a dual boot for games?

Hi,

Are you talking about Unreal or Unreal Tournament

I have XP Pro and play unreal tournament almost every day. Do you run the games with direct 3d or opengl. Also it will be worthwhile trying out the unreal forums as they have a lot of help tips on such issues as yours.

try

or

hope this helps

Right Click on the exe (or shortcut) to the program you want to run under 98 mode, then hit the compatibility tab and make your adjustment.

I have a large volume of old games (I just can't part with them) and most ported over to XP, but Doom2 does not. Changing the compatibility did not help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back