Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAJOR BROWSER ISSUE!!!HELP!!!1

Status
Not open for further replies.

theprez1

Technical User
Mar 11, 2004
US
i get either syntax error unterminated string constant or expected '}' on nearly every page i visit i get the syntax one at msn.com and the other two at harley-davidson.com and many other sites (those are just the ones i frequent. I have tried everything. I wrote zeros to my drived and did a clean install of XP home and this started happening. Any IDEAS????I plug my laptop in without problem so it must be computer related....

Have tried it already. Went to jview in dos and am running version 5.0 3810

tried all that and this is a problem with quite a few people..will keep trying though

As you can see in this thread:thread608-504934

I will try that. I have not tried that yet. I also had my modem plugged in during the install process of windows. Maybe that also caused it. We shall see..

I hope you keep us informed.

Personally, I would replace the NIC and then do a completely clean install of the OS.

I am going to do just that when I get home tomorrow evening from work. I will take the nic card out and then do the install and then reinstall something different. I install cable modems and hot spot gateways for the local cable company so I have plenty to choose from.

This has driven me crazy the last two nights. A total of almost 12 hours in front of this screen trying to fix the problem. And every tech site I have tried there has been similar problems with no real solutions I have found. Scott088 here had the exact problem to a T, But the thread ended with no telltale sign of a fix. If all else fails I will strip the machine down and rebuild from the ground up again. Been working good for 3 years till this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back