Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

maintenance

Status
Not open for further replies.

OCM

MIS
Sep 12, 2002
US
Greetings,

We are currently running a 2016 split db whereby users have their copy of the FE that is linked to the BE. I’ve couple of questions regarding database maintenance:

1. As an admin I can perform compact & repair, link table manager etc. But, when I try to perform backups, I get “Error No: 70 Description: Permission denied”

2. What is the best practice (what to backup, how often etc.) I usually backup only the FE that is linked to the BE daily.

TIA

Regards,

OCM

[ol 1]
[li]How are you attempting to do this backup?[/li]
[li]Why in the world would you backup the Front End, but not backup the Back End? Isn't your data important? A corrupted Form can be recovered or recreated...but corrupted data?[/li]
[/ol]

Hope this helps!

There's always more than one way to skin a cat!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

1. login to the db > click on db maintenance button > db backup, then it will run the program and prompt me the backup name & path etc. I get the error when I click ok for the prompt.

2. I should probably clarify this further. As per instruction given to me to perform maintenance:

Open ms access > browse to the FE > click the FE without opening it > open exclusively while holding the shift key

a. external data > link table manager...
b. once in the db: File > compact & repair db

TIA,

OCM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back