Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Maintenance 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

chickasita1

Technical User
Apr 28, 2004
US
Wondering if anyone could give me a ball park figure for budgetary purposes only for maintenance on a CS1000M rls. 6.0 and Call Pilot 5.0 HA. We have approx. 1800 ports provisioned on the PBX. We don't currently have a formal maintenance agreement (we are COAMS), but are at a point we may need to explore other options so I'm just trying to get an idea of what we need to budget for. Thanks!

I would have to estimate atleast in my neck of the woods for this type of system that you are looking at around ateast $3000 per month.

It's a little tougher now. did you purchase the PASS subscription when you upgraded your system?

If you did, you have support for patches within your release (Software Subscription - Tier 1) If you bought Software Subscription + Upgrades - Tier 1) then you have software release upgrades included (you have to pay for any required hardware and labor)

If you didn't purchase this, you are looking at an additional $2.00 to $5.00 per port, based on the length of Subscription you purchased.

This is part of the new Avaya Maintenance Plan. So you have to look at it like this. You buy the Software Maintenance on the system from Avaya. That is covered. You can buy more coverage (hardware and onsite technical support) but that will drive the costs up a little more. You may be getting a discount from Avaya based on the volume you purchase, but if you are not, then a Service Provider can provide the hardware and onsite maintenance for you at a lower cost.

What you need to take a look at is what you want your maintenance based on. How are the 1800 provisioned ports configured? How many TDM stations? How many IP sets? How many TDM trunks? How many IP trunks. Do you have special applications (Contact Center)? Then you have to figure out what type of SLA guidelines you are looking for. Do you want 8a-5p M-F coverage or 24X7X365? What are your SLA times for Critical/Major/Minor/MAC issues? Do you want to have your system monitored for alarms? Do you want Carrier Services added to your contract? All these items come into play when looking for the best price for Maintenance.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the replies. This helps me tremendously. I can see the pricing is pretty site specific, but having general ideas of what to expect and guidelines for formulating a request for quotes is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back