Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Maintenance Commands

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmurfTurf

Programmer
Jun 9, 2006
US
I am trying to forward calls to an external number. The way that my system is set up, I need to do remote call forward and cancel remote call forward ie *18<ext#><PhoneNumber> or *39<ext#>. However these commands need to be keyed in on site. Is there a way to key in these commands from the maintenance command screen when you log into a 3300 icp over the web?

not that I am aware of
I have in the past enabled DISA for that purpose only.
with MCD4 if you have External Hotdesk Licenses, you can enable it for that.

Ross,
Thanks for your reply. What I was trying to do is forward calls to an external number via the administrative web portal. I don't have external hot desk licenses. I figured out that I can just change the system speed call for the did to an external number instead of the internal extension and when I would like to turn off forwarding, I'll just change it back.

Hi all;
as i know you can configure a Disa .
and programe the access feature code for Night call service
and programe the answer point that you need on the Trunk service assingnment
under Night service
then from out side
you can call the disa line
and enter the access code for the night service.

but from web you should have access to the Mitel 3300 web interface

Regard
Ala'a

This is something I've asked Mitel for before. Anything the user can do at the phone, a tech should be able to do at the command line. Being in remote support servicing our Mitel customers, I see all the time users doing something to their phone that I need to turn off. But to do so I need someone to go touch the phone.
There are some things you can do through OPS, like call forwarding, but we should be able to do it from the command line also.

Ralph

I agree. I find it hard to believe that they don't have a way I could do this from a command line. Oh well. Thanks for everyone's help.

Did you try the DISA route?

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

I haven't. Since this is just a one time occurrence, I think it is easiest to just change the information on the system speed call menu.

I typically setup DISA for those times where that you can't anticipate. Make sure to use the DISA with authentication. Almost all dialable functions are accessible thru DISA. Those that aren't can be faked via a loopback trunk. It's great to have this in your back pocket when you need it.

Another good trick, if you don't like opening your site to DISA and you have some predictible dial strings. (ones that can be pre-programmed in speedcall).

You can set up "Special" mailboxes and enable message notification. The notification digits are the speed call.

The mailboxes need to be given access to the function desired. You then call in, leave a message and let the VM port take care of the rest.

Another trick (just thought of this one thanks to inspiration from kwbMitel )
Have a desktop PC with a modem off of PBX, set up with LogMeIn.com

Log in remotely the to PC, use hyperterm and use the modem to enter the call forwarding third party code.

Pretty quick to do.

Ralph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back