Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Maintenace plan problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

pvmurphy

Programmer
Jul 29, 2003
US
I have a maintenance plan that backups all the databases on the server to disk every night. This was working fine until this past week when I started having problems. When I view the job history for the plan, it shows if failed (00:00:00) run duration with the following error message:” Executed as user: DOMAIN1\Administrator. sqlmaint.exe failed. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 22029). The step failed.”

I looked at the plan and it was scheduled and had no end date set. Also, I can create a new plan with just 1 DB and it seems to kick off and run when scheduled. Could this get corrupted somehow, should I just try and recreate the plan from scratch?

Thanks,

Jim

you need to open up the job step in the job that runs the backup. take that code and paste it into query analyzer. now when you run it you will see the actual error. This should help you figure out your problem. If your not sure, post the results from it. The backup will likely abort right after the problem.

Thanks, I'll give it a try this evening and see what happens.

Jim

I ran the job in QA, below are the results, the same that I received from the Maintenance plan
=====================================
(9 row(s) affected)

Server: Msg 22029, Level 16, State 1, Line 0
sqlmaint.exe failed.
======================================
Thanks,

Jim

Jay,

Here's the code below, I compared it to other plans I have on other servers and it looks the same.

Thanks,

Jim
==============
EXECUTE master.dbo.xp_sqlmaint N'-PlanID 408C8DEF-514D-42DE-8306-D5EFEF57D450 -WriteHistory -VrfyBackup -BkUpMedia DISK -BkUpDB "\\Mars\AthenaDailyBackup" -DelBkUps 1DAYS -BkExt "BAK"'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back