Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Main Visual Fox 6 Window 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKatReliable

Programmer
Jul 2, 2002
US
Our shop still uses FoxPro for Windows 2.6a. The screen display for such things as DISPLAY STRUCTURE and DIR is tight and appears one print line on one screen line.

When I use Visual Fox 6, DISPLAY STRUCTURE and DIR will wrap on the screen. The columns are spread out for no apparent reason. I found _SCREEN.fontsize and reduced it, but it still wraps. I can't find any other setting in Fox 6 that affects why it is doing this.

My screen resolution is 1024 by 768.

I can't find the property _SCREEN.annoyingdisplay=OFF =:)

Regards,
Glenn Koproske

Glenn,
Since VFP field names can be a lot longer that 10 characters and there are a number of new things that DISP STRUCT shows, it obviously can't be the same as it was.

Try not only changing your _screen.fontsize, but your font name to a fixed width font - e.g.
_screen.fontname = "Courier New"

This should show things a bit better.

Rick

This has worked for me in the past.

SET PRINTER FONT 'Courier', 10
DISPLAY STRUCTURE TO PRINT NOCONSOLE

Jim Osieczonek
Delta Business Group, LLC

I use:

_screen.FontName="foxfont"
_screen.FontSize=10

Then go tools -> options -> set as default

Brian

In VFP if you hold down the shift key and click on the "Format" menu item the first option will be "Screen Font" which you can change to what ever you like. I use courier new - regular - 9 which fits every thing on one line like you are looking for.

-Joe

JoeReed,

Where in God's green earth did you find that little trick? Never seen that before...whoa!

Slighthaze = NULL
[sub]craig1442@mchsi.com[/sub][sup]
"Whom computers would destroy, they must first drive mad." - Anon​
[/sup]

This just proves that sometimes it's the "old" stuff that's impressive to "newer" users! That trick has been around since the very first version of FoxPro for Windows (FPW 2.5!). As far as I know it was never documented, it was just there.

Another of the "hidden goodies" is that Alt+Ctrl+Shift will "hide" all open windows so you can view the main FP screen. (Known as the OutShow feature.)

INFO: Undocumented {PAUSE} Option for KEYBOARD Command
- Note it still works in VFP 8.0 SP1!

Undocumented IN MACDESKTOP option!
Code:
modi comm sys(2019) in macdesktop && a top-level modify window

There are more (like the key combination that "solves" the Puzzle), but why take away all the fun of discovering things!

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back