Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Main report with sub report and sub sub report

Status
Not open for further replies.

bestmakis

Technical User
Nov 12, 2014
GR
Hi

I am working with Crystal XI.

I have a main report and a link under the main report to the sub report.
All work fine until here.
Inside the sub report I have a same link to another report (let me call it sub sub report)

So I have a (Main Report) --> Link to --> (Sub Report) --> Link to --> (Sub Sub report)

The field linking the reports together is the same

Why the sub sub report not showing anything?

Any idea?

Thank you

Subreports cannot contain subreports. You could instead link both subs to the main report.

-LB

I can't do that...

The 3 reports are different the one from the other with different info.
The all have only have one filed common the one I use to link them.

You need to explain more about what each report does--maybe explain the rationale for wanting the second sub to be a sub of the first sub. There is probably a way to set this up as two subs. What does the link accomplish between the main report and sub1? How does it limit the data? What would the link from sub1 to sub2 do (if it were possible to do)? Can't help without more info.

-LB

The third report is getting Cash reserves info and send them to the second report witch is a receipt.
The first report has the second report as sub report three times so I can get three copies of the same receipt.

If you need to pass info from a subreport containing cash reserves info to the receipt sub, you can create shared variables to pass info, but I would need a lot more info to be able to help you further.

-LB

I try with shared variables.
I didn't think that.
I let you know..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back