Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mailto and subject 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaRaven

Programmer
Mar 7, 2000
US
I can not for the life of me find a tag that works in ie 4 and 5 with outlook 4 and 5 that fill the subject line automaticly when you click on the email link.<br>
I have tried &quot;mailto:<A HREF="mailto:soandso@whatever.com">soandso@whatever.com</A>&quot; subject = &quot;title here&quot;<br>
also &quot;mailto:<A HREF="mailto:soandso@whatever.com">soandso@whatever.com</A>&quot; title = &quot;title here&quot;<br>
<br>
help please.

You're not going to have much luck with this I'm afraid :-(<br>
<br>
The only way to do this is by using a mail script (CGI). <br>
<br>
Barebones HTML will not let you specify anything but the recipients address. Anything else isn't recognised on all browsers :-( <p>Richard<br><a href=mailto:richard.allsebrook@easysoft.com>richard.allsebrook@easysoft.com</a><br><a href= Homepage</a><br>

mailto:<A HREF="mailto:soandso@whatever.com">soandso@whatever.com</A>?subject=the subject of message here and yes there can be spaces like this <p>REH<br><a href=mailto:hawkdogg@crosswinds.net>hawkdogg@crosswinds.net</a><br><a href= by Linux</a><br>Learn Linux and Leave out the Windows :)

Thanks ndogg!<br>
I figured it out after I already posted...<br>
thanks for answering so quickly though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back