Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mailserver Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

munkyscom

Technical User
Sep 19, 2002
US
I finally got Cyrus Imap and Postfix 2 working on my system (running FreeBSD 4.8) I am running it on a 40gb drive, and in the setup I simply chose the default partitions (var and tmp are 256, usr is the majority of space) w/o realizing that the mailbox is stored in /var. So now I have a server that is running beutifully but can only hold 256mb. This is a problem, because I set it up for clients to send large file to me. The max attachment can be as large as 100mb. So my question is, can I simply link the users dir and actually store it on the /usr partition? In addition, in addition, a do have some questions on the server itself. I got it to work, but not sure exactly how it is setup. I set in the main.cf that the max_upload_size = 1
00mb, and I then was forced to set a max mailbox size. I set it to the same size, does that mean max mailbox size per user, or entirely? In addition, in 'cyradm', what is the proper way to completely delete a mailbox. I've already tried 'dm user.xxxx' xxx being the users name. I get a permission denied. I want to delete that accounts that arent used any longer. Aside, I'm attempting to write a front-end where a user can register to the server, and it will do all the actions required to have a working mailbox. I want to do it in PHP, but am having problems in the 'shell_exec' command.

I posted a bunch of problems, any input would be appreicated...just please refer to which question/problem you are answering!

Problem is solved, if you want to know how just ask!

-=mUnky=-

I would like to know.

I have heard of something called growfs, did you use that??

Cheers

Henrik Morsing
Certified AIX 4.3 Systems Administration
& p690 Technical Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back