Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

@mailsend question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyle1

Technical User
Oct 27, 2000
US
I am using @mailsend to include fields in the body of a email I would like to include a rich text field but as soon as i specify the field it stops working is there something diffent with RTF
thanks

Yes, there is.

If you are to check the @MailSend (with parameters) help documentation, this function only accepts fields of text or text list type for its bodyFields parameter.

On the otherhand, its use without parameters expects to have predetermined fields such as the SendTo, CopyTo, BlindCopyTo, Body (this one in rtf format), ... in the document to be sent.

Check Notes help for this.

You could try creating a hidden field in your document that computes an abstract of your rich text field using the following formula. You would then use this field in your @MailSend.

@If(@IsAvailable(RTField);@Abstract([Abbrev];100;"";"RTField");"")

This will give you the first 100 characters of your rich text field called RTField.

Just remember that the contents of a rich text field are not part of the document until it is saved.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back