Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

@MailSend... Including Fields in the subject. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackHawk2

Technical User
Jan 29, 2002
US
I have a few fields:
TapeID, TapeManuf., DDSnumber, DLTnumber, ServerAssigned

I would like to include them in a message. My Formula is:

@MailSend("XXXXX": "XXXXXX";"";"";"IMPORTANT! Back Up Tape Needs Replacing. Tape ID " : TapeID ; "Please replace tape ID" :TapeID : "with a NEW Tape. The tape that needs to be ordered is a" : TapeManuf. : DDSnumber : "," : DLTnumber : ". Which belongs to the " : ServerAssigned : "server. " ;[PriorityHigh]);"")

But this does not seem to send me a complete message. The Subject always shows just "Please replace tape ID". Is it possible to do what I am trying to do?

If so could some one help me out please?

BH2

Try using + instead of :

I find it easier to declare the fields first, ie

to:="[Respondent]" ;
cc:="";
bcc:="";
subject:="New Request - " + subject;
remark:="";
bodyfields:="You have received a new request from " +name + "." + @NewLine + "Click here to view it: ";
@MailSend(to; cc; bcc; subject; remark; bodyfields; [IncludeDoclink]);

This way you can also set your if conditions before you send.

DanT

DanT,

That worked great, thanks. Basically I just replaced the : with + and everything is good.

BH2

try so:

mailContent:="IMPORTANT! Back Up Tape Needs Replacing. Tape ID "+TapeID+"...all the others...";
@MailSend("XXXXX": "XXXXXX";"";"";mailContent);

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back