Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mailmerge - next page section break

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dette

Programmer
Oct 4, 2001
AU
Using a mailmerge I am bringing in data from a field that has many records. Is there a way in code or programmatically to stop Word from putting in a next page section break after each record.

Thanks

If you want the next record to appear on the same page, use the {NEXT} field after all the fields for the first record. For example,

{MERGEFIELD Name} {MERGEFIELD Address}
{NEXT}{MERGEFIELD Name} {MERGEFIELD Address}

The only limitation you need to be aware of here is that if you have more records than you've allowed for in your document, you'll still get the section break. So in the sample I've shown above, if there were more than 4 records, Word would insert a section break and records 5-8 would appear on the next page.

Is there a way to change all the Section Break(Next Page) to actual Page Breaks. My Mail Merge is 1578 sections long, but I really want 1578 Pages, so I can Print PAGE 1-250 and so on. Any Ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back