Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mailing List created in ASP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinl

Programmer
Mar 19, 2001
US
I have created a mailing list that is based off of a database, and ASP pages. The mail is sent through CDONTS just fine.

My question is more of a performance question. Would it be viable to use CDONTS and ASP for a mailing list of about 8000 users? I have consulted with our Network Admins about the mail server and they said it can handle it, but does this sound like an alrigh thing to do? I see most mailing lists are based on CGI, but they dont have the functionality that I need.
Thanx!
donn

Don't worry, your program will succeed.
Good luck.
Regards,
Mathan.

The asp pages it's mutch faster then cgi or php cuz the cgi or php creates an process to every user that acess the web (eats memory and processor time)... and asp it creates an proces that read from manny asp pages and create another process if the exixting process reach full load(less memory less processor time)...
so u dont have to worry cuz i've seen an web server that's serve more then 1000 user's per day (PII Celeron 333 256 MB ram NT 4.0) ________

George

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back