Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mailer Bussiness Suggestions and Tips ( Like Mailchimp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlvic

MIS
Jun 15, 2017
AE
Hello I'm developing a system similar with a Mailchimp it's only for my thesis.
(It was tested already but within my campus)

But I'm thinking to use it as a startup business ( I will target the local first). I know how to setup on the everything but I want to know the actual policy for this sending mass email. Like Do's and Dont's as we know this could be make issues with the spam reports or worst it will take down my site because of those reports. So what is the best way to avoid those issues?

Thanks

Hi Mike,

I'm based on Dubai UAE, But I'm sending both locally and international.

Not to be a jerk... (well, OK, I can be a jerk...)

Your college thesis was to write a spamming software program.

Now you want to know the legalities of sending spam.

On a website that specifically forbids "homework help". Which means you lied to get on here to begin with, posing as a professional, when you were in fact a student.

And you want our help with the regulations regarding spamming internationally.

Two words.

Bugger off.

Just my $.02

"What the captain doesn't realize is that we've secretly replaced his Dilithium Crystals with new Folger's Crystals."

--Greg

Greg, I think you are being a bit harsh on Carlvic. Sending bulk email is not necessarily the same as sending spam. There are many legitimate reasons for doing so, which is exactly why products like Mailchimp exist. I see nothing wrong with his asking for guidance on the legal issues (although is clearly asking in the wrong place, given the lack of replies).

You are right to point out that Tek-Tips is intended for professionals, and most definitely not for students. But rather than assuming he "lied to get on here", isn't it possible that he was simply unaware of the restriction?

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips and downloads

Well, considering the posting guidelines are on the left side of every single page on this site... and it specifically mentions thesis posting... there's not much ambiguity.

Promoting, selling, recruiting, coursework and thesis posting is forbidden.

Just my $.02

"What the captain doesn't realize is that we've secretly replaced his Dilithium Crystals with new Folger's Crystals."

--Greg

Sorry If I'm being jerk with this post.
"I having a miscommunication with " I'm developing a system similar with a MailChimp it's only for my thesis".
The system is developed already a thesis work during my college. It was more than 5 years old, I just considering if I can make the system better for business.
And I didn't intend to send spams. That's why I only use it "within a campus".

I'm promoting a spam software? That's why I'm asking for guidance, I want to avoid spams. The goal is to "automate" not to spams, I want to make job easy. That's why we have TECHNOLOGY.

Also I'm not promoting, selling and specially I'm not posting my coursework or thesis. I didn't even post a flowchart of my system.

I'm here to ask for "Guidance, tips and suggestions", you can say don't go for it your software is a spam or report my post. Then fine, easy.

I real professional helps people grow.
If you really read the policies you should know "Arguing in an Unprofessional Manner".

Carlvic,

Thanks for clarifying you situation. I'm pleased to see that you are still here and weren't put off by that other post in this thread.

The issue of avoiding spam is really one for the user of the application, not the developer. Your job is to create the tool. It is for the user to use the tool in a responsible way. I can't see how you can design your app in a way that prevents it being used for spam. You should of course do whatever you can to encourage your users to use it responsibility, but there is no technical way of enforcing that.

It might be possible to have a contractual solution, that is, where your terms and conditions governing the sale of the software prohibit certain uses. But it might be difficult or impossible to police that.

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips and downloads

Hello Mike,

Thanks for tips.Yes correct especially GDPR comes in. Also I'm thinking if I will push this. It's better to try some demo of other system related to my project. Basically my system most of the features I innovate from MC.

My apologies for my initial knee-jerk reaction to this post. I should know better.

--Greg

Just my $.02

--Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back