Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Maildir

Status
Not open for further replies.

santoshdj123

Technical User
Jun 15, 2003
IN
I have configued qmail successfully.
but when i mentioned Maildir as defaultdelivery then i fetched one problem.
the mails are stored in /home/user/Maildir/new/ directory but when i says "mail" it shows no mails from user "user"
how to tell qmail or linux that default mail directory is ./Maildir/

Thanks in advance

I'm sorry that I had some trouble reading your post, but I think I understand. You have an email client software that is not able to read the Maildir format? Is that correct?

It is common that linux mail reader software is written for either mbox or Maildir format. qmail uses Maildir format, which is a considerable difference from mbox.

Side Note: What's the difference? MBOX puts all email into one file. Maildir puts every message in its own file, and every folder as a seperate subfolder.

If I have the diagnosis correct, you need to change to a Maildir capable mailreader.

Consider using 'mutt', 'KMail', or 'elm'.

thanks for reply.
can we able to see the mails after logging into the linux server by using "mail" command?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back