Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mailboxes - won't Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

max7600

IS-IT--Management
Dec 14, 2001
GB
I am using Seagate Backup Exec v7.2 to backup my company's systems which includes our MS Exchanges 5.5 server with circular logging enabled.

On Thursday I decided to start archiving old mailboxes that are no longer in use but that we need to keep. That night when the backup got to the Mailboxes it backed up approx 10 mailboxes then found a few corrupt files then for the next 10 mailboxes it was unable to open so skipped every item and finally left the remaining 50 mailboxes unchecked.

On the next day backup it choked in the 1st mailbox so it skipped every item in 10-20 mailboxes then again forgot about the other mailboxes.

Yesterday I went into a few mailboxes including the Service_backup mailbox to clear some old forgotten virus in the inbox and this morning when the backup had completely skipped the Mailbox backup stage.

Can anyone guide me as to what the nature of the problem might be ?

have you tried backing up without the circular logging, I know this is a problem that exists with arcserve/it 6/X

No I haven't tried it, this is a new problem. Although in previous backups I have seen the system skip hundreds of item I have never seen it decide not to bother with this section. Will try disabling circular logging tonight and see what happens. Do you think it would be worth rebooting both servers (the exchange and the backup servers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back