Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mailboxes window pane is gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan5

Technical User
Jun 10, 2004
US
I collapsed my vertical Mailboxes/Personalities etc. window by dragging the vertical line separating it from the regular mail view fully to the left. (To better see some embedded items in an email.)

Now I can't get it back.

According to Docs, clicking on Tools/Mailboxes should make it appear, but it doesn't. Nor does clicking on File Browser, Stationery, or any of the other items in that group under Tools.

I've been driving myself nuts for 2 days trying to fix this. I'm about ready to switch email clients because of it.

I've tried resizing all my different windows/panes/toolbars. Getting rid of all of them completely. Anything I can think of. I can't get that vertical Mailboxes/Personalities/etc. window to appear anywhere at all on my monitor.

Help???

Ok, I have the solution for you.
Make sure Eudora is closed and not running.

1) Find the Eudora.ini file. (It should be in the Eudora folder.)

2) Open it in wordpad.

3) Look for [Window Position]

4) Add this line if it is not there:

MailboxesWindowPosition=80,80,565,415

5) Save the Eudora.ini file.

6) Open Eudora. The mailboxes should now be present.

Try this. I have done this to my Eudora and have had success.

I thought for sure that would do it but no cigar. This is one of the weirder problems I've experienced in my years of computing.

Well I've heard a lot about The Bat and been thinking of trying it - now might be the time :)

What are Wazoo Bars? It this line relevant?

WazooBar318=16,CMboxWazooWnd,CFileBrowseWazooWnd,CSignatureWazooWnd,CStationeryWazooWnd,CPersonalityWazooWnd,1

BTW I'm using version 5 in paid mode.

Thanks . . .

Here's what wazoo bars are.

[WazooBars] The [WazooBars] section appears only when normal Eudora windows are currently open or minimized on the desktop (and thus buttons appear on the Eudora taskbar, which is what this section controls)

You can also try this under the [Window Position] setting:
PhWindowPosition 10,40,630,440

Nathan

I just tried it and you should be able to readjust the width by moving the mouse over the area and when the cursor changes to the double headed arrow with parallel lines, left click and drag out to expand the section.

This works fine in my Eudora 4.3.2 (never found a need to upgrade).

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back