Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mailbox Store Size help!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AN

MIS
Apr 27, 2000
IN
Hi All,

I am configuring Exchange 2000 server for a single windows 2000 domain. Just wanted to know if
1. Their is any way i can set the size of the mailbox store. I have a single storage group.
2. In ESM, for a users mailbox details i see for example 3 to 4 mail messages, but when the same user connects he doesn't get any message. How do i remove/access this from the server. (PS: Any new message being sent is going to the same user.)

Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

1: yes, in the properties of that user, in Active Directory.

2: don't mess with that on the server, you will not see the same as the Inbox on that level.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]
How Do I Get Great Answers To my Tek-Tips Questions? See faq219-2884

Thanks for your response Marc.

I actually want to know whether its possible so set a size for the store as it is getting created in the storage group (i.e., priv1.edb and priv1.stm size).

Thanks in advance.

Oh, you mena to set a limit for the entire store?
No, not really, that would not make any sense would it?
Or do I understand the question wrong?

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]
How Do I Get Great Answers To my Tek-Tips Questions? See faq219-2884

Interesting, limit the size of the store. To what end I'm wondering? What would you expect to happen if you set a limit and that limit was reached? Stop all Exchange functions?

The Enterprise version allows you to create multiple stores if you wish, perhaps that's what you need?

The Standard version has a 16GB limit, and when that limit is reached Exchange just stops working. I can't think of a single circumstance where I would intentionally have Exchange stop functioning, short of a virus/worm attack.

I'm Certifiable, not certified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

You can put the store on a partition of a specific size. I'm not sure what will happen when it fills...

Thanks for all your responses.

So, i assume that it's not possible to control the size of the store.

correct.
But, for the sake of clarity, why did you want to do that anyway?

I am new to Exchange, as i was setting it up this thought just crossed my mind. After reading all your responses i found that it was not possible and not needed.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back