Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mailbox size problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarra

IS-IT--Management
Apr 16, 2003
DE
When I check the size of my mailbox in Outlook 98 I get a correct figure, however when I check it through Mailbox Resources in Private Information Store properties this shows a higher figure.

I have completely emptied my mailbox from Outlook, however Exchange thinks I've still got 60MB in there.

Any ideas how I can go about resolving this ?

Calendar/journaling entries?

What about Deletion Retention?

Nope. Outlook mailbox is totally empty.

vaguely remeber this as a known microsoft problem - had a quick check and found kb305829 for a fix

Are you sure that the mailbox is totally empty? To be certain, obtain a copy of the Exchange Client software, logon to the mailbox, and check the top most level of the mailbox to verify that there aren't any messages there. (You won't be able to see these messages in Outlook). I have found messages at the top of the mailbox level in a couple of mailboxes at my company. I don't know why the messages go there but they have.

I had the same problem and the file size magically corrected itself after performing an Exchange defrag....<shrug>.

Danny

Yeh thanks guys.

I think I'm going to end up doing a defrag though if I can find a copy of Exchange client I'll give that a try first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back