Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mailbox restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulovey

Technical User
Jul 13, 2000
GB
Hi,

I have a customer who has deleted a mailbox from their exchange 5.5 server, and is trying to restore the contents of the mailbox using Arcserve 2000.

They have re-created the mailbox in exchange so the restore can be done, and when they click to re-direct to another location, as the mailbox was deleted and even though its called the same name, exchange will see it as new mailbox!

I can see no mailbox brick level selection to re-direct to.

If i try to restore to the same location, it fails due to permissions, even though I have set full permission for the service account on the mailbox

Any ideas???

Thanks,

Paul

If aint broken, dont try n fix it!!!!!

Hi,

First of all.....
1. Does the Exchange configuration run thru fine?
If Yes...

2. Are you able to perform a restore of any existing
mailbox other than the one ur want to get restored?

3. Did you initialize the newly created mailbox?
If Yes..

4. Did you try restoring a folder(inbox.. deleted items..
etc) to the new mailbox.
5. Create a folder under an existing mailbox(e.g test-restore).... select the entire mailbox onthe SOURCE and point it this folder (i.e test-restore)

Cheers
Speshalyst

So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

Thats part of my problem, when they go to restore the mailbox. NO mailboxes show in the destination!!

Cheers,

Paul

If aint broken, dont try n fix it!!!!!

I'm not sure if it aplies here but try to check if the exchange storage group or database where the mailbox is included is marked in properties as "allow this database to be restored".

Hope It helps you.

Best regards,

HI,

If you are not able to see the mailboxes on the Destination tab on the REstore window.... are you able to see them on the Backup window???

If you arent able to see them on the Backup Manager as well... make sure your Exchange configuration runs fine..

Cheers
Speshalyst

So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back